Friday 8 July 2011

VEGETABLE FRIED RICE | Hotel style chinese veg fried rice

I have been trying my hands on Chinese cooking these days as my husband loves Chinese food . Personally I dont have much liking for chinese food.

I remember prior to marriage my cousins ordering chinese whenever we used to dine out in thane & I used to often end up ordering dosa or idli.

Now after 4 years of marriage I have mastered FRIED RICE (this is what my hubby says). I do remember the first fried rice prepared by me which turned out to be a great disaster almost a khicdi...here I am presenting the one taught to me by my husband.





Ingredients :

2 cups Rice
 3 tbsp Oil
100 gms Beans Finely Chopped
2 Carrot Finely Chopped
2 green bellpepper(simla mirchi)
100 gms Cabbage Finely Chopped (optional)
2 Spring Onions Finely Chopped
2-3 Green Chilies cut finely chopped
2 tsp Ginger Chopped Finely
2 tsp Garlic Finely Chopped
2 tbsp Soya Sauce
1 tsp vinegar/lemon juice
Salt & pepper to taste

 Method:
  1. Pick, wash rice in enough water and drain for 10-15 minutes .
  2. Boil water, add rice and little salt.
  3. Cook uncovered on low heat till rice is tender.
  4. Take care not to overcook the rice. Each grain of rice should be separate.
  5. When rice is done, drain and add soom cold water and drain again using a large seive and set aside.
  6. Heat oil in a kadhai / large pan and stir fry chopped chillies,garlic & ginger on a high flame
  7.  Next mix all the chopped vegetables & saute very fast for 1 minute
  8. Take care that vegetables are not overdone, they should be crisp.
  9. Mix salt and pepper to taste.
  10. Add the cooked rice and mix well. Now mix the soya sauce to it.
  11. Cook the chinese fried rice for 2-3 minutes and serve hot.
  12. garnish it with green part of spring onions.


Tips:

   1 . Add one & half cup of water to 1 cup rice so as to prepare fine rice.
   2. Chinese dishes are prepared on a high flame.
   3.  Vegetables have to be sauted fast taking care not to overcook.
   4.  Just freshly cooked rice is hot, steamy, very moist and a little sticky. All of those things would make a very clumpy and soggy fried rice. Thats why day-old rice makes the best fried rice (storing in the refrigerator dries out the rice).
 5. My fried rice is flaky, light – which allows the individual flavors of the ingredients to really shine through. I almost always use BASMATI Rice for fried rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment