Thursday 15 March 2012

STRAWBERRY LASSI

Strawberry is my favourite fruit .My mom used to prepare strawberry juice . I always enjoyed  Strawberry milkshake in my office canteen during winter season.
Today I am blogging recipe for strawberry lassi which I had prepared during my husbands fast on thursday.Very simple & tasty recipe.





Ingredients :

10-12  fresh strawberries, trimmed and halved
3/4  cup honey / sugar ( You can even use combination of honey & sugar in 1:1 ratio if u have a sweet tooth)
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (elaichi powder)
1 cups plain yogurt (whole-milk or low-fat)
2-3 ice cubes




Method:

1.Clean & wash strawberries & cut them into halves.

2.Purée strawberries with honey, cardamom, and a pinch of salt in a blender or hand held immersion blender until smooth.
3.Add yogurt  then purée until smooth again.  Add ice cubes.Serve immediately .


4.Garnish with honey, cardamom seeds or fresh strawberries.  Serve chilled

No comments:

Post a Comment