Monday 14 May 2012

Grilled Spinach Corn capsicum Cheese Toast Sandwich - CCD style



What to cook tonight for dinner ....? Many of the women are boggled by this question everyday .Don’t you think so? in fact cooking  is an easy task, but the answer to the question is quite difficult.I too was wondering what to cook when Spinach ,cheese and Corn Sandwich  came to my rescue.I had recently purchased a stove top (manual) sandwich maker from futurebazaar .com.With the ingredients lying in my fridge & sandwich maker in my kitchen cupboard I proceeded to make toasted
Toasted Corn cheese spinach capsicum sandwich which was an instant success. tasty ,crunchy & healthy recipe this is what I would describe the sandwich .I had these for the first time at my reliance D block canteen next at  Cafe Coffee Day. I guess, many would’ve tasted these  sandwiches at coffee shop.



 

 Ingredients:
6 Slices of brown Bread(you can use white bread too )
1 Bunch Spinach
1 Cup Sweet Corn
1/2 Capsicum, Chopped
½ Cup Grated Cheese (2 cubes amul cheese)
2 tsp Chili Flakes to taste
1 tsp pepper powder
3 Pods Garlic, Chopped
2-3 tsp ghee /butter
1tsp Oil
Salt to taste



Method :

1.Wash and chop Spinach finely
2. Steam Corn and keep aside.
3.Heat Oil add Garlic, Corn and Spinach and toss. 


4.Remove from heat and add Salt and Chili flakes ,pepper powder and mix well.
5. Take a brown bread slice .Spread this mixture on one slice of bread and over this grate some cheese.

6. Close with another slice of bread. Apply some butter on top & bottom of bread. Or alternately grease the sandwich maker with some ghee on both sides.
 





7.Toast in a Sandwich maker or grill or on a tawa, using a little butter or ghee . I had used anjali sandwich maker .If roasting on tava (fry pan), take it off the pan Once both sides of bread are evenly toasted .  Cut the sandwich diagonally with a knife.

8.Grill and serve hot with sauce  and a cold drink.



Tips :

You can use white bread too
Skip cheese if unavailable

No comments:

Post a Comment