Tuesday 22 May 2012

Ambya cha god tikhat loncha |khatta mitha aam achar|Instant sweet spicy mango pickle



This is yet another classic  recipe of my mom worth to be bookmarked . I just love it you will keep on licking your fingers once u make this & it will get over immediately.This achar was a big hit in my office. I remember my  mom giving an entire bottle of this ambat god (sweet in marathi) loncha to my office colleagues in tech mahindra along with mini batata wadas.Finally yesterday evening i made this with cabbage paratha as this was in my to do list since long time. My god the achar was soooooooooo tempting that i finished half of it & immediately thought of posting it though many recipes are still lying in my drafts.






Ingredients
1 cup - raw green mango ( kaccha hara aam / kacchi hirwi kairi)
1 cup jaggery / gul / gudh (You can evn use 1 cup sugar (sakhar)
1 tsp red chilli powder
2-3 tsp oil
Salt to taste
1 tsp rai (mustard seeds)













Method:
1 Wash & dry mangoes .Peel off the skin & chop them into 1 inch pieces.
2. Heat oil in pan .add mustard seeds ,once they crackle add hing (asafoetida) . Next add mango pieces & mix well.cover for 5 minutes & cook .










3.Now add jaggery & keep on sauteing.Slowly gul will start melting keep on stirring on a low flame .take care not to burn jaggery.


4.At this stage add red chilli powder pinch of salt mix well & keep stirring switch of the gas .

 


5. Your ambyacha god (sweet) tikhat loncha  is ready to serve with paratha / pulao  or you can just lick it.

No comments:

Post a Comment